Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Camping

I know that I have been a terrible blogger and I am very sorry about this. Sometimes in order to be on top of other things, I let the blog slide. I also wish that I had the breed test about Jake back, but unfortunately I do not.

The weekend before last, Mike and I took Jake to go camping. Mike and I like to think of this trip as our last outing together before he started his new job that had him up at 1am every morning. And when Mike gets up, Jake gets up. I’ll let you assume what you like about how my sleep schedule has been.

Jake really enjoyed camping. Of course the coolness outside was wonderful for Jake, he slept like a baby until we were all woken up at 6:30am by the camp’s next to us car alarm going off. Jake got lots of attention from the two boy scout troops staying at the camp ground with us. They took turns practicing sit with Jake. I am not sure that it really helped his understanding of the word, but it was so cute, I couldn’t bear to tell them to stop. Jake spent most of the time camping being terrified of the tent, we would have to pick him up and bring him into the tent and hold on to him inside to get him to realize it was our temporary home. With his fear of the tent, he spent the majority of the time outside the tend and found his new love for digging… Now whenever we are outside, Jake is digging. This is one habit that we are hoping he grows out of. The lady on the show “Its me or the dog” says that digging is due to a lack of exercise but we take him for an hour to hour and a half walk/ jog every day. Camping was definitely fun and Jake made it a little more interesting for us. I think we will do this again and maybe next time we will go fishing too!

I am pleased to announce that Jake has learned sit, lay down, and paw (shaking our hand). Mike and I have finally gotten the hang of teaching Jake new tricks and we are currently working on roll over. He has gotten it a few times but needs a lot of support and convincing to do it. Hopefully within a week or two we will have this down. We are also struggling quite a bit with the biting thing. I am not sure why but he thinks our hands are chew toys OUCH!

Jake goes to the vet for his third and final set of boosters on Friday YAY! We are about to kick distemper to the curb along with limiting socialization with dogs we don’t know. Hey dog world, here Jake comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment