Sunday, February 28, 2010

Popular Puppy


Holla to Mike’s sisters, Kate and Erin, for getting Jake Mizzou stuff (tiger toy, Mizzou collar, and leash). He is already playing with his new toys and wearing his new collar.

Jake loves his trips to Petco, especially on Saturday mornings when the SPCA is there and he can look at all the other dogs and puppies and long for the day when he too can be on the ground sniffing, licking, and playing with them. Jake loves his trips to Petco because he knows that mom cannot turn her head from those sad little eyes without getting him a toy or some other little treat. Most of all, Jake loves his trips to Petco because on the way there he can stick his head out the window and take in all the wonderful smells of the world. The best trip we have had yet is when we got Jake his pig ears. This is how we get a couple hours of peace and quiet when we need it

Mike and I have begun clicker

training with Jake, so far he doesn’t understand what it means but we will see where this goes (as long as Mike and I can remember to do it every time he does something good).


Mike and I have started taking Jake on the Memorial trail. We try to go once a day. On Saturdays and Sundays, Jake is sure to get lots of attention-both from dogs and humans. We even had a father and son due run up to us all smiles and tell us that he is their favorite dog they have seen on the trail.


Jake has become a beggar and stealer. He definitely has the look for the begging part and the slyness to be a stealer. Morning is Jake’s and my favorite time because I get to have my morning cereal and Jake gets to try to steal it. One time, he got a couple licks of milk but as he gets smarter, so does mom J

Jake has also made a habit of sleeping next to me with his head on my pillow. I’m not sure whether he is copying me or it is honestly the most comfortable position for him. I don’t know, but I am going to try to break him of this habit because as wonderful as it is to wake up to puppy breath now, as he gets bigger, that will make the space on my pillow for me much smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment