Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to Puppy World

So last night was an adventure! Jake had some trouble going to sleep so we downloaded a heart beat from I-Tunes and played it over and over for him. That worked very well when we all went to bed at 11:30. Then we all woke up at 2am because Jake had an accident in his crate. I took him down to go to the bathroom. Then he wouldn't sleep unless I laid by his cage. I tiptoed back to bed where I got to stay until 5am when we had another accident. I cleaned him up and put him back in his crate. We then had a little bone time and fell asleep by 6am. 7am my alarm went off but I have to admit that we didn't get up till 7:45am. Mike took Jake down to go potty while I showed and got dressed and then I played with Jake while Mike got ready. Jake didn't eat very much this morning, but we think its because he is still getting over his surgery.

We took Jake to the vet and they said he is doing well, but they gave us some medicine (Clavamox) to take care of his skin irritation. We are supposed to bring him back in two weeks to keep up with his boosters. They showed us how to clip his toenails and what shampoo to use.

After we got back from the vet, Mike went to get lunch and I stayed with Jake. He crawled in his crate and laid down on his own. When Mike got back and Jake was in his crate... Mike was shocked and happy. Jake feels safe here and we couldn't be happier. He is a little trouble maker and urinates more than any creature should, but we love him and know he is going to be a fantastic dog. I hate to have to leave them tonight for class but it will make coming home that much sweeter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment