Monday, January 25, 2010

First day with puppy

We picked up Jake this evening at 6:45pm. He is a two month old s
iberian husky mix. When we first met him, he was the sweetest thing. After several trips to the SPCA over the past couple weeks, I had given up hope that we would find a puppy that both Mike and I liked. Finally, I had found him online Saturday morning and showed him to Mike. We proceeded to look up the breed and made the decision that we wanted to meet him. We got to the SPCA 45 minutes before they opened and waited outside the door for them to let us in. Finally, when they did we ran into the puppy room, beating out the 40 other people standing outside, and took him out immediately. We knew within 10 minutes that he was the one. Tonight they made us wait for him outside for a very long time, which made me very worried. I was scared that maybe his neutering and hernia surgery went horribly wrong. Sometimes dogs have genetic hernias which can be easily fixed without future problems. I sat there with visions of the SPCA people coming out and telling me we would not be taking Jake home. All my hopes and dreams of this puppy were floating around in the air pulling on my heart strings. Low and behold though, they appeared with him as cute as can be. We brought him home and immediately started entertaining his constant need for attention and love.


He had one accident on the floor but we quickly got that taken care of... No biggie... Mike was such a trooper as I kept interupting the Mizzou/ KU basketball game to come downstairs with me and walk him. At first he was scared of the grass and fell down every single short stair on our walk but by the end of the night, he was smooth sailing. He is a fast learner. Mike and I proceeded to run him around the complex with the hopes that he would tire and we would be able to have some down time. Our plan worked like a charm!


We will see how sleeping tonight goes. Lets get through till 7am... Heres to hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment