Sunday, February 7, 2010

Best Saturday

So now that puppy is taking his morning nap, I can tell all you about my favorite Saturday. It started with Mike getting up early to take care of Jake so I could sleep in. My sleeping in of course is not the same for most people. I got to sleep until 8:30, which feels like 11am to those of us with puppies that get up at 2am and 5am every night. So this morning I decided to give back and let Mike sleep in late. Notice that it is 9:50 and he is still sleeping, needless to say I am jealous.

Mike and I had the perfect Saturday. Now saying this, I realize that it is probably dull and incredibly boring to most of you. After I woke up late, Mike and I took Jake for a walk to our kolache place and got some breakfast. Jake was so excited that he was practically running the entire time. As we walked out of the apartment, Jake saw the large fountain and immediately started licking his lips. I’m pretty sure he thought it was a large water bowl. I can’t even imagine how exciting that would be for a little puppy. As we continued to the Kolache place, Jake got lots of attention. He is still that cute little puppy that everyone wants to pet and love on. I feel lucky that I get to love on him whenever I want. Then I watched a couple lifetime movies. At 3 o’clock the Mizzou basketball game came on so Mike and I watched that (I will admit I snoozed a little, still being tired) then went to dinner at our favorite Mexican food place. No matter what I get at this place, I always love it. We had great conversations then spent the rest of the night wandering Barnes And Noble. We made it home just in time to play with Jake a bit and then go to bed. I know…very boring and not worth the title of best Saturday, but to me an uneventful day such as that was just what the doctor ordered! Now today is Superbowl Sunday so lets hope that it is just as uneventful as yesterday so I can get some work done and maybe fit in a little nap.

An update on Jake: He seems to be pulling through his health issues that were so alarming to me at first. He is happy and playful. His potty training is still a struggle. He sometimes pees on the potty pad and sometimes doesn’t. He always poops right next to the potty pad but not on it, which makes clean up difficult. We try to get to him as fast as possible and stick the pad under him so we can catch it. He has finally learned how to hold his bone and chew. I think we are going to have to upgrade though because he is going through his puppy bones like crazy. We are also upgrading his food to large breed puppy food, but after looking at the pellets I’m kind of nervous. They are two times the size of the puppy food we were feeding him. Jake has also taken up a new hobby of pulling his bed across the room. You know, that’s what beds are for…not sleeping…pulling J

No comments:

Post a Comment