Tuesday, January 26, 2010

favorite spot to lay down!

Jake was a very good dog when we went to the vet today. He has been really quiet around the apartment, playing with his toys. Most of his day he has been outside, which is good. This morning we went outside for a walk around the dog walking area. I went to sit down so he could maybe smell around, but he decided to lay down and fall asleep for 25 minutes, which to me is shocking how much this pup sleeps. He was laying between my feet like I was protecting him from everything in sight.

He met two dogs today. One was a dog like dipper, a dog that was in Columbia (Jake and Dain's dog). They use to have and another dog which I don't know what his name was. When the first dog came up, Jake just looked up at me and had that doggy face... "Pick me up"... while he was crying at me. So I scooped him up and the dog got closer. He headed up putting his head on my arm, hiding from the other dog. The second dog came along later when Becky was about to leave to go to school for the day. We went to the same place and within seconds he was out like a light, sleeping so cute against my leg. Then I saw this white dog about 15 feet from him so I picked him up and Jake started to look at me and look at the other dog like he will protect me... So piss off... lol... The other dog was a nice dog, he just wanted to play with him. I put him back down on the ground and he slept some more for about 50 minutes outside in his favorite spot. He likes the spot because it is cold, shady, and great for his furry body. Hopefully he won't overheat in the TX heat. So it is just the boys tonight for dinner and maybe I'll catch a nap.

He is sleeping now by the front door waiting for Becky to come home! He misses Becky... And I am glad that he is sleeping a little. Gives me a break from watching him. I am checking on him every 10 minutes to make sure he is not doing something bad. I trust him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment